Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Clean Slate

Welcome to Popademic. I’m starting over. This should not be news to those of you who have been following my escapades in blogging over the past seven years, but while I feel those years are important, I feel as if I’ve taken a definitive turn. I really want to start focusing more on my observations about pop culture, and while I can’t guarantee I won’t digress into the more diary-style form you’ve come to see from me in the past year or so, I don’t know that I need that outlet any more. And if I do, I think I'm going to hide it somewhere else since I like the concept behind this blog so much! :o)

So – a brief rundown of the history of the blog so that new readers aren’t lost if I reference things. I started blogging as a way to help cope with the pressures of my job (professor) and my relationships (crappy). It's gone through several iterations from sappy long-form diary style posts to random tidbits of pop culture to artistic endeavors. This blog will focus predominantly on my observations about popular culture. I'm hoping this will help me hone some ideas I have about larger research projects and give me an outlet for chatting about the kinds of things that fascinate me on a daily basis. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment