Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pop Culture Tidbit: Karaoke Excellence!

It's true dear readers. The end of the semester is near, which means I've had little time to compose my thoughts on pop culture the way I'd like. I have a running list of topics that are set to be developed as soon as I dig myself out of my piles of grading and admin work due before May 1st. Until then, I turn the debate over to you Popademic followers!!

Since I'm participating in a karaoke flash mob in about 15 minutes, I'd love to hear your most entertaining karaoke stories -- who you've seen, what they sang, etc. Leave them in the comments, and I'll put together a post of "best of" including my top five karaoke experiences throughout the years.

1 comment:

  1. My most memorable karaoke experience was being dragged up on stage by a girl in my summer microtechnique/microscopy class (along with four or five others in the class) to sing a country song I'd heard only once before - the Chatahootchie? Something like that. Apparently it had been declared the class' unofficial theme song while I wasn't paying attention, so belting it out while in various stages of inebriation in The Silver Spur (now known as Chainsaw) was par for the course.

    ReplyDelete