Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Top Five Albums of 2010 - Vedera, Stages

*This is part of a series of posts, please refer to the parent post for context*


#3 – Vedera Stages
Yes, yes, I know. I already did #3, but I realized about halfway through that there's an album that needs to be on this list (but in my head I'd placed it in 09 instead of 10) and 3 is my favorite number and it's my blog, so my rules. There. :o) Anyway, tying for third place is this amazing third album from Vedera. I had never heard of them until they opened for Jack’s Mannequin (one of my favorite bands) last spring. Their live show was gripping, so I bought the album. Little did I know it would become one of my defining albums of 2010. Kristin May’s voice is enticing and engaging, and the album functions as a diary of songs that chronicle the stages you go through when moving on from a relationship. From the first song, “Greater Than,” you get the sense that there are two people who love each other desperately, yet as the album progresses, it shows that love is not always enough to bridge those gaps in relationships that keep us holding on, hoping for something better. It's an amazing journey that I think most everyone can relate to. It completely consumed the first part of my year, and I’m looking forward to more from them soon.

Favorite Lyrics:
  1. Use your favorite photograph to play the recent memory back.
  2. I must confess the air I breathe and paths I tread are making me less aware of what I am to do.
  3. I don't wanna deny my heart its chance to feel, I don't wanna deny my soul something real.
Favorite Tracks:
  1. Forgive You
  2. Greater Than
  3. Goodbye My Love
  4. The Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment